love.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends....So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. -I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13

my creator.

>> Sunday, May 16, 2010

I never thought I would give in to the blogging fad, but here I am. I feel that this is a total God thing and that the reason I have this blog up is to walk in faith because I know that this summer, God will teach me so much and instill so much wisdom in me, that my heart will be aching to share my experiences.

So this blog is dedicated to ONLY the things that the Lord is revealing to me and to the things God is teaching me. Hopefully this blog will not only be a good way for me to record God's goodness and faithfulness, but will also be a way for me to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ to pursue a passionate, intimate, targeted pursuit of their Savior.
The reason I chose green as the color of my blog is two fold. The first reason being, it is my favorite color. The second reason, is why it's my favorite color. Green never fails to remind me of God's faithfulness and his desire to have an intimate relationship with me. It reminds me of God's grace that he reveals himself and his character to man in every aspect of creation. It reminds me of the hope he brings of new life with both the cry of a newborn child and the cries of the sinner experiencing His redeeming love.
I recently had a discussion with a close friend of mine and we got to talking about how evident God has made himself and how everything on this earth points to a magnificent creator. I love that there are moments when I know God allows me to see things in creation just to praise Him and bring Him glory. There have been times when I've watched a sunset in my car all by myself and just cried because it makes me fall in love all over again with my beautiful Jesus. Next time you're outside walking into a store, walking to your car, walking around the block, for whatever the reason may be, look at God's beautiful creation and see what He shows you.

lauren.

3 comments:

Rachel Joy May 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

THis is so great and encouraging, Lauren! I know what you mean about the sunset in the car =) God is so beautiful! I cant wait to experience His breath-taking presence in heaven someday =) Love you and miss you friend!

Stephanie May 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Lauren, I'm so excited to read both of your new blogs. There are times I am completely overwhelmed by the beauty of God's creation. It really shows how much he loves us.

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Lauren, your blog is awesome. I loving reading people's thoughts about God. Everything that God has made has His fingerprint on it! I can't wait to read more posts. - Madiii N.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP